CardioLog easily integrates personal user data into reports and provides advanced visitor segmentation capabilities by using existing user directories.
Additional user information, such as department, gender, and other profile data is retrieved by the User Categories Updates service from Active Directory attributes or SharePoint User Profiles by default. The User Categories Updates service can also retrieve the data from a custom source (any human resource management system or even custom databases), using a designated web service that supplies the user information.
Develop the Custom User Categories Web Service
- Create the custom user information web service for your organization.
- Verify that the custom user information web service returns a valid XML response, according to the XML schema.
- Confirm the CardioLog Scheduling Service user account has sufficient permissions to access (request) the web service.
- In the navigation pane in CardioLog go to Administration > System Configuration > User Category Management.
- Click Add Categories Source > Custom.
User Category Management: Custom Categories Service
- Enter a name for the custom user categories source in the Title field
- Enter the custom user categories web service URL in the website URL text box (Acceptable file extensions are "aspx", "asmx" or "xml").
- Select Yes for Is Web Service
- If you use an .asmx file in the URL field, enter the custom user categories web service method name in the Web Method text box.
- Click Set and enter the web service's user credentials if required.
- Go to CardioLog Scheduling Service under Administration in the navigation pane and click Restart Service in the upper right hand corner.
- After the next scheduled User Categories Updates, your Active Directory attributes will be made available in the Visitor Segments filter of each report, under User Categories.
The user information web service should be exposed by a web page which provides an XML string response. Follow this format:
- username: the user account name (should match the accountName field in the organization structure)
- categoryName: the designated category name.
- categoryValue: the assigned category value.