An Administrator role is automatically assigned to the user who installs the product. By default, access to the CardioLog UI is denied for users and groups that are not assigned with a system role. Additionally, by default, access is denied to those who are not defined in the Active Directory. User names and group names are retrieved by the Active Directory Updates Service.
Roles Main Window
How to Add New System Roles
- In the Navigation pane, under Administration, click Roles.
- In the bottom left hand corner, click Add.
- In the Add Role dialog, enter a user/group name in the Name text box.
- While entering the user/group name, click on Browse (...) to search for a user or group.
- Select the check boxes to assign permissions to the user or group.
- Click Save.
Note: user permissions precede group permissions.
Add Role Dialog
Select Users and Groups Dialog
- To edit a role, click on it.
Edit Role dialogDialog
- To remove a role, select it using the check box to the left of the role and click Remove in the bottom left hand corner of the central area.
Permission Assignment Examples
- In order If you wanted to grant permissions for in the Analysis Center to all users in the "MyCompany\Site Managers" group - excluding except for a specific user, set you would use the following permissions accordingly:
- Click on the "MyCompany\Site Managers" group to edit it.
- In the Edit Role Dialog select the Analyst and Information Worker roles
- to the group.
- Add the user from the MyCompany\Site Managers group you would like to limit permissions for, and in the Add Role dialog select only Information Worker and click Save.
Permission assignment sample
- The default group "All" is used to assign roles to all users. To prevent all users from using the SharePoint Marketing Suite, and to assign a specific group permissions to use the system, set the following permissions :
- Make sure there is at least two groups available in the Roles window
- Check all roles you would like to assign to a specific group or groups
- Un-check all roles for the "All" group
- Using the "All" default group to assign permissions to all users in Active Directory