- Role Types
- How to Add New System Roles
- Permission Assignment Examples
Roles Main Window
An Administrator role is automatically assigned to the user who installs the product. By default, access to the CardioLog UI is denied for users and groups that are not assigned with a system role. Additionally, by default, access is denied to those who are not defined in the Active Directory. User names and group names are retrieved by the Active Directory Updates Service.
There are three types of role assignments available that have default permissions assigned to them.
This role is specifically designed for content administrators, managers, and analysts of regular reports. Only the Report Center is visible in the navigation pane, and they can set permissions for reports they create. Reports are exported and distributed via:
- Automatic production of scheduled reports that are distributed through Email
- Publication of reports within SharePoint using a Web Part
- Publication of reports within SharePoint via the "Site Actions" menu
- Exporting reports to Microsoft Excel and PDF
- The CardioLog user interface
The reports presented to Information Workers are clear and concise. No prior knowledge of CardioLog, excluding the CardioLog user interface, is required.
This role is designed for both the administrators of the monitored environments, as well as other IT managers who have been given the responsibility of creating and distributing scheduled reports. Analysts are able to create and view real-time reports for all items and pages in the monitored environments, as long as they are granted individual file permissions. They have access to the Visitor Engagement tools and can create surveys, message bars, SEO reports and personalized data. Everything except Administration is visible in navigation pane.
Those who are designated with the administrator role are given the responsibility of setting login permissions for the different levels of the system. Those in the administrator role also set read permissions for the objects in the monitored environments, and define criteria for event monitoring and the Black List. All sections are visible in the navigation pane.
Note: The user who installs the product is automatically assigned with the Administrator Role.
- In the Navigation pane, under Administration, click Roles.
- In the bottom left hand corner, click Add.
- In the Add Role dialog, enter a user/group name in the Name text box.
- While entering the user/group name, click on Browse (...) to search for a user or group.
- Select the check boxes to assign permissions to the user or group.
- Click Save.
Note: User permissions precede group permissions.
Add Role Dialog
Select Users and Groups Dialog
- To edit a role, click on it.
Edit Role Dialog
- To remove a role, select it using the check box to the left of the role and click Remove in the bottom left hand corner of the central area.
Permission Assignment Examples
permission examples permission examples
- If you wanted to grant permissions in the Analysis Center to all users in the "MyCompany\Site Managers" group except for a specific user, you would use the following permissions accordingly:
- Click on the "MyCompany\Site Managers" group to edit it.
- In the Edit Role Dialog select the Analyst and Information Worker roles to the group.
- Add the user from the MyCompany\Site Managers group you would like to limit permissions for, and in the Add Role dialog select only Information Worker and click Save.
Permission assignment sample
- The default group "All" is used to assign roles to all users. To prevent all users from using the SharePoint Marketing Suite, and to assign a specific group permissions to use the system, set the following permissions accordingly
- Make sure there is at least two groups available in the Roles window
- Check all roles you would like to assign to a specific group or groups
- Un-check all roles for the "All" group
Using the "All" default group to assign permissions to all users in Active Directory