This role is designed for both the administrators of the monitored environments, as well as other IT managers who have been given the responsibility of creating and distributing scheduled reports. Analysts are able to create and view real-time reports for all items and pages in the monitored environments, as long as they are granted individual file permissions. They have access to the Visitor Engagement tools and can create surveys, message bars, SEO reports and personalized data. Everything except Administration is visible in navigation pane.
The last seen column indicates the last time the listed user was logged into the CardioLog application. This feature will only appear for individual users and does not apply to groups.
- In the Navigation pane, under Administration, click Roles.
- In the bottom left hand corner, click Add.
- In the Add Role dialog, enter a user/group name in the Name text box.
- While entering the user/group name, click on Browse (...) to search for a user or group.
- Select the check boxes to assign permissions to the user or group.
- Click Save.
Note: User permissions precede group permissions.
Add Role Dialog
Select Users and Groups Dialog
- To edit a role, click on it.
Edit Role Dialog
- To remove a role, select it using the check box to the left of the role and click Remove in the bottom left hand corner of the central area.
- If you wanted to grant permissions in the Analysis Center to all users in the "MyCompanyINTLOCK-QA\Site Managers" group except for a specific user, you would use the following permissions accordingly:
- Click on the "MyCompanyINTLOCK-QA\Site Managers" group to edit it.
- In the Edit Role Dialog select the Analyst and Information Worker roles to the group.
- Add the user from the MyCompany"INTLOCK-QA\Site Managers" group you would like to limit permissions for, and in the Add Role dialog select only Information Worker and click Save.
- The default group "All" is used to assign roles to all users. To prevent all users from accessing all of CardioLog, and to assign a specific group permissions to use the system, set the following permissions accordingly:
- Make sure there are at least two groups available in the Roles window
- Check all roles you would like to assign to a specific group or groups
- Un-check all roles for the "All" group
Using the "All" default group to assign permissions to all users in Active Directory