- Under From either the Settings pane navigation pane or main window, click Goals.
- In the Goals section click Add from the bottom left hand corner.
- In the Add Goal dialog, type enter the following details:
- - Choose a name that describes your goal
Goal URL - The page which you set to be your goal
- Goal Value - Any users have to reach to achieve the goal. A download page, checkout cart or subscription page are popular examples.
Goal Value - Enter a number that represents your value for achieving this goal. This is unrelated to Visitor Scoring.
- Status - Choose between Active / and Inactive. When the Goal is inactive, the Goal event won't data will not be collected, however, the page view . although page views will be collected by the Tracking Agent.
- Step <#> - Enter up to 8 URLs which will be the navigation path leading to achieve this the Goal URL.
Add Goal dialogDialog
- Click Save and the Goal will be added to Goals list. You can click on each of your Goals from the Goals main window and edit them at later point in time using the same dialog window.
CardioLog Analytics comes with out-of-the-box Goals reports as you can see in the following screen shot -
Goals Reportsincludes several popular Goal Report Widgets you can access when creating or editing a Report.
Goal Report Widgets
One of the key Goal reports is Reports Widgets is the Goal Funnel report which which shows a specific goal funnel. Within each box is the specific path users took to reach the Goal URL. Use this widget to see the number and percentage of visitors who continued during each step. The boxes on the right hand side show how many people abandoned each to the next step and where they went. The boxes on the left show how people arrived into the funnel and where they came from.Please note, you how they arrived to the URLs in the funnel. You can also see where they went if they abandoned the process and which pages they left.
Note - You are able to choose whether the Goal Funnel report requires all steps that were set when creating the Goal. That can be done by editing your Report in the Report Center, clicking Report Action, under the Advanced tab see and selecting Require First Step.
Goal Funnel Report
The Goals that are set designed and active in the Goals section can also be used as report filters. This can be done by using the main filter that is applied for all widgets in the report, or by editing a specific widgetFilters can be applied to individual widgets, including the ability to apply different Goals to different Widgets in the same Report.
The following steps describe how to add a Goal filter to a report:
- Find the report you want to edit in the Navigation Pane under Report Center.
- Open the report in Edit Mode by clicking on the report and choosing Edit from the contextual menu.In the Preferences section > Visitor Segments, click the down arrow and
- CustomizeClick the Settings gear in the top right corner of any widget you would like to edit and select Edit.
- In the Filter section, select Customize from the drop-down menu next to Visitor Segments.
- Under User Behavior select the Goal you wish to use as a filter.
For a specific widget, click Report Action located in the top right of the widget, click Edit. In the pop-up window, go to the Filter tab and customize Visitor Segments.
Please note that you have the ability to choose a pre-defined Visitor Segment, or a specific Visitor Segment's filter. The Visitor Segments can be defined in the Settings pane.
- Click OK to return to the Widget editor.
- Click Preview to see a live preview of your widget with the current settings.
- Click Save to confirm your settings and return to your Report.
Select Visitor Segments Dialog