Once you have installed the CardioLog Engage add-in for SharePoint from the Microsoft Office Store, you will then be redirected to a configuration screen.
The configuration contains a few simple steps that walk you through setting up CardioLog Engage.
CardioLog Engage Configuration Screen
Step 1: Choose Sites to Integrate with
In order to use the In-App Messages channel (pop-up messages in SharePoint) and target users based on their past behavior (such as pages they've visited), select which site collections you would like to integrate with. Sites are only available for use once the tracking code is deployed for them in the "Add the CardioLog Tracking Code to your Sites" step.
- With this section expanded, you should see all of your available SharePoint Online site collections.
- Select all the sites you would like to integrate with.
- You can also search for site collections by typing in their name in the search bar.
- Select the button next to each site you would like to integrate with.
- Click Save to confirm your selection.
You can go back and add more sites or remove sites from your selection at any point.
Please note that the integration process for large site collections may take a few hours up to a few weeks, depending on the environment size.
CardioLog Engage Configuration Screen: Step 1
Step 2: Choose User Attributes
Using the search bar, enter the name of any attribute you would like to find and include.
Select the button next to each user attribute you would like to include.
In case Personal Identifiable Information (PII) Concealment is enabled, click on the eye icon next to each user attribute you would like to conceal.
Click Save to confirm your selection.
Attributes may be added or removed at any time to accommodate your needs.
CardioLog Engage Configuration Screen: Step 2
CardioLog Engage Configuration Screen: Step 2 - Choose User Attributes with PII Concealment Enabled
Step 3: Add The CardioLog Tracking Code To Your Sites
You can add the tracking code to specific sites or deploy it on all selected site collections automatically.
CardioLog Engage Configuration Screen: Step 3
Deploying the Tracking Code to all Selected Site Collections Automatically
- Download the automatic deployment Package from the "Add the CardioLog Tracking Code to your Sites" step in the Configuration page.
The package includes a PowerShell script that deploys the tracking agent wsp solution, modern sites integration app and the Java Script tracking code on all selected site collections.
- Right click the downloaded package zip file, select Properties > General and click on "Unblock" before unzipping it.
- Execute the Run_Script.ps1 script in PowerShell (you must have the MS Online module installed and the credentials of the SharePoint Online global administrator).
Add the Tracking Code to a Site Collection Manually
- Browse to your SharePoint Online site Solution Gallery. The gallery should be found at this address by replacing the website root URL with yours: https://company.sharepoint.com/_catalogs/solutions/forms/allitems.aspx
- From your Solution Gallery, click Upload Solution > Choose File. Then select CardioLog Analytics Integration.wsp and click Activate.
- If you are presented with a request for access, go to the Admin Center, found under the Office 365 Admin menu.
- From the SharePoint Admin Center select Settings.
- Choose Custom Script.
- Select Allow for both options. (Allow users to run custom script on personal sites & Allow users to run custom script on self-service created sites)
- The preference change may take up to 24 hours.
- In order to force the change to take place immediately, you may download and run the SharePoint Online Management Shell.
- Follow Microsoft's instructions for connecting it to your SharePoint Online tenant,
- For classic sites, execute the following shell command:
Set-SPOsite <SiteURL> -DenyAddAndCustomizePages 0
- For modern sites, execute the following shell command (edit the #parameters section):#Parameters
#Connect to Tenant Admin
Connect-PnPOnline $TenantAdminURL -UseWebLogin
#Get the Tenant Site Object
$Site = Get-PnPTenantSite -Url $SiteURL
#Enable Custom Scripting by turning OFF Deny Flag
$Site.DenyAddAndCustomizePages = "Disabled"
Browse to CardioLog Analytics Integration solution configuration page. The page should be found at this address by replacing the website root URL with yours: https://company.sharepoint.com/CardioLogAnalytics/Configuration.126.96.36.199.aspx
Paste the tracking code copied from the "Add the CardioLog Tracking Code to your Sites" step and click OK.
To enable support for tracking SharePoint Online modern sites and pages, install the Tracking Agent App:
Download the automatic deployment package from the "Add the CardioLog Tracking Code to your Sites" step in the configuration page.
Upload CardioLogTrackingAgentAddin.sppkg app to the SharePoint Admin apps > App Catalog > Apps for SharePoint > New:
Click Deploy (do NOT select "Make this Solution available to all sites in the organization")
Go to the tracked Site Collection > Site Contents > New App
Click on Apps from your organization and click CardioLog Tracking Agent (it will be installed automatically)
Note: The tracking code contains links to the Events Listener web application in Azure.
Step 4: Choose User Attribute that Contains User Phone Numbers
In order to use the Phone Call, Text Messages (SMS) and Mobile Notifications channels, select the user profile attribute that contains user phone numbers and click Save. This information will be taken from SharePoint user profiles.
CardioLog Engage Configuration Screen: Step 4
Step 5: Sign in to CardioLog Engage with your Power BI Account
In this step, connect to Power BI in order to gain access to the CardioLog Engage user interface and create campaigns, and to your CardioLog Engage reports in Power BI to analyze user responses to your campaigns.
Click Connect to Power BI and enter the Username and Password of a user with Power BI Pro or Power BI Premium Per User (PPU) license and click Save. This user will be the owner of the CardioLog Analytics app workspace in Power BI and will be able to share it with others in the organization.
CardioLog Engage Configuration Screen: Step 5
Go to the Power BI interface.
Login with the credentials you entered in the "Sign in to CardioLog Engage with your Power BI" Account step.
Create a Power BI app workspace for the CardioLog Engage reports. Learn more about Power BI app workspaces.
Select Workspaces > Create a workspace
Enter the following details:
Name - CardioLog Analytics
Privacy - Private - Only approved members can see what's inside
Permissions - Members can edit Power BI content
Add email addresses of people you want to have access to the workspace, and select Add. Note that you can't add group aliases, just individuals.
Decide whether each person is a member or an admin (admins can edit the workspace itself, including adding other members, members can edit the content in the workspace) and click Save.
CardioLog Engage reports will be available in your app workspace within a few business days. You will receive an email notification as soon as all the data has been processed and your reports are ready to use.
- When the reports are ready, share them with your colleagues:
- Sign in to Power BI with the credentials you entered in the "Connect to Power BI" step.
- Select Workspaces > CardioLog Analytics > select the Create app button in the upper right to start the process of sharing all the content in that workspace.
- First, on Setup tab, enter the following details:
App name - CardioLog Analytics
Description - Analytics for SharePoint and Office 365
- Next, on Navigation, you see the reports that's going to be published as part of the app and organize the navigation pane.
- Last, on Permissions, decide who has access to the app: either everyone in your organization, or specific people or email distribution lists and click Publish app.