An Administrator role is automatically assigned to the user who installs the product. By default, access to the CardioLog UI is denied for users and groups that are not assigned with a system role. Additionally, by default, access is denied to those who are not defined in the Active Directory. User names and group names are retrieved by the Active Directory Updates Service.
There are three types of role assignments available that have automatic permissions assigned to them.
- Information Worker - Only the Report Center is visible in the navigation pane, and they can set permissions for reports they create.
- Analyst - Everything except Administration is visible in navigation pane.
- Administrator - All sections are visible in the navigation pane.
Roles Main Window
How to Add New System Roles
- In the Navigation pane, under Administration, click Roles.
- In the bottom left hand corner, click Add.
- In the Add Role dialog, enter a user/group name in the Name text box.
- While entering the user/group name, click on Browse (...) to search for a user or group.
- Select the check boxes to assign permissions to the user or group.
- Click Save.
Note: user permissions precede group permissions.
Add Role Dialog
Select Users and Groups Dialog
- To edit a role, click on it.
Edit Role Dialog
- To remove a role, select it using the check box to the left of the role and click Remove in the bottom left hand corner of the central area.
Permission Assignment Examples
- If you wanted to grant permissions in the Analysis Center to all users in the "MyCompany\Site Managers" group except for a specific user, you would use the following permissions accordingly:
- Click on the "MyCompany\Site Managers" group to edit it.
- In the Edit Role Dialog select the Analyst and Information Worker roles to the group.
- Add the user from the MyCompany\Site Managers group you would like to limit permissions for, and in the Add Role dialog select only Information Worker and click Save.
Permission assignment sample
- The default group "All" is used to assign roles to all users. To prevent all users from using the SharePoint Marketing Suite, and to assign a specific group permissions to use the system, set the following permissions accordingly
- Make sure there is at least two groups available in the Roles window
- Check all roles you would like to assign to a specific group or groups
- Un-check all roles for the "All" group
Using the "All" default group to assign permissions to all users in Active Directory