Setting up Goals provides you with the option to measure your site's performance. It also enables you to see if you have achieved all that you set to accomplish. For example, you can set a download page as your goal. The tool will provide you with exactly the number of users that achieved this goal, and the path they have taken through your website to achieve it. In the Reports section, you can create a report that includes informative Goal conversion funnels, tables, charts and summary widgets. The Goals section is accessible from the Settings window or navigation pane, simply click Goals and you will be presented with a page showing all Goals you have setup.
Goals Main Window
- From either the Settings navigation pane or main window, click Goals.
- In the Goals section click Add from the bottom left hand corner.
- In the Add Goal dialog, enter the following details:
Goal Name - Choose a name that describes your goal
Goal URL - The page users have to reach to achieve the goal. A download page, checkout cart or subscription page are popular examples.
Goal Value - Enter a number that represents your value for achieving this goal. This is unrelated to Visitor Scoring.
Status - Choose between Active and Inactive. When the Goal is inactive, the Goal event data will not be collected. although page views will be collected by the Tracking Agent.
Step <#> - Enter up to 8 URLs which will be the navigation path leading to the Goal URL.
Add Goal Dialog
- Click Save and the Goal will be added to Goals list. You can click on each of your Goals from the Goals main window and edit them at later point in time using the same dialog window.
- Find the report you want to edit in the Navigation Pane under Report Center.
- Open the report in Edit Mode by clicking on the report and choosing Edit from the contextual menu.
- Click the Settings gear in the top right corner of any widget you would like to edit and select Edit.
- In the Filter section, select Customize from the drop-down menu next to Visitor Segments.
- Under User Behavior select the Goal you wish to use as a filter.
- Click OK to return to the Widget editor.
- Click Preview to see a live preview of your widget with the current settings.
- Click Save to confirm your settings and return to your Report.
Select Visitor Segments Dialog