An administrator can assign roles to users and groups in CardioLog.
Note: An Administrator role is automatically assigned to the user who installs the product. By default, access to the CardioLog UI is denied for users and groups that are not assigned with a system role. Additionally, by default, access is denied to those who are not defined in Active Directory (user names and group names are retrieved by the Active Directory Updates service).
- In the Navigation pane, under Administration, click Roles.
- In the Central Area, click Add.
- In the Add Role dialog, enter a user/group name in the Name text box.
- While entering the user/group name, click on Browse (...) or Ctrl+K to search for a user/group.
- Select the check boxes to assign permissions to the user/group.
- Click Save.
Note: user permissions precede group permissions.
Add Role dialog
Select users and groups
- To edit a role, click on it.
Edit Role dialog
- To remove a role, select it and click Remove.
Permission Assignment Examples
- In order to grant permissions for Analysis Center to all users in the MyCompany\Site Managers group - excluding a specific user, set the following permissions:
- Assign the Analyst and Information Worker roles for the group
- Assign the Information Worker role for the user (which belongs to the above group)
Permission assignment sample
- The default group "All" is used to assign roles to all users. To prevent all users from using the SharePoint Marketing Suite, and to assign a specific group permissions to use the system, set the following permissions:
- Un-check all roles for the "All" group
- Check roles for a specific user group
Using the "All" default group to assign permissions to all users in Active Directory